Our goal is to help our clients understand their options given their individual circumstances and take the necessary steps to implement their wishes, including drafting the necessary planning documents such as:
- Wills, Living Wills, Health Care Proxies, Powers of Attorney
- All forms of Trust Agreements, including Revocable Trusts, Life Insurance Trusts, Dynasty Trusts, Business Trusts and Supplemental Needs Trusts
- Sophisticated Estate, Trust and Tax Planning for international clients with U.S. assets, U.S. clients with foreign assets, and other matters involving complex structures.
Trust and Estate Administration
- Probate and Administration of Estates
- Administration of Trusts and Guardianship matters
- Negotiation and resolution of Trust and Estate disputes
International Tax, Trust & Estate Matters
We address issues for clients with multinational interests, including compliance with:
- U.S. gift and estate taxation rules
- IRS reporting requirements for voluntary disclosure of foreign assets
- Expatriation rules for departing U.S.citizens
- Tax-Exempt organizations
We help clients structure and obtain tax-exempt status in the U.S. for both domestic and international museums, schools, religious organizations, private foundations and supporting organizations, including advice on proper corporate governance and required governmental filings.
We advise global law firms and financial institutions in connection with the use of business and insurance trusts in the structuring of certain complex financial instruments and derivatives.